On June 9th, 2022, USA for IOM presented Entrepreneurship in Movement, our flagship Citi Foundation project, at the Young Americas Forum, hosted by the Young Americas Business Trust. The presentation generated a space for discussion and exchange of perspectives on the potential of the migrant community to accelerate local economies through entrepreneurship, especially contributing to inclusive economic recovery efforts.
Investment in socioeconomic integration and social cohesion is key to promoting economic resilience, inclusive societies and creating peaceful and thriving environments between refugees, migrants and their host communities.
The knowledge panel was generate a space for discussion and exchange of perspectives on the potential of the migrant community to accelerate local economies through entrepreneurship, especially contributing to inclusive economic recovery efforts. In this sense, the session was also guide actions to strengthen business development capacity and capitalize businesses with high growth potential in sectors and economic activities considered essential to take advantage of the talent of the migrant community.
1. Raise the visibility of the positive contributions that migrants make to societies of origin, transit and destination in the Americas.
2. Introduce the value of the Program Entrepreneurship in Movement as a vehicle to support the socioeconomic integration of migrants, promote social cohesion and counter the antimigrant rhetoric in the Americas.
• Luis Nino, Chairman, Board of Directors, Young Americas Business Trust
• Antonio Vitorino, Director General, International Organization for Migration
• Maria Moreno, CEO, USA for IOM
• Jorge Partidas, CEO Globofran and International Advisory Council, USA for IOM
• Nora Rodriguez, CEO of Architects of Happiness, via video
• Edgar Maestre, Program Director, Young Americas Business Trust